Powered by Blogger.
On Monday 30 September 2019 0 comments

Every poker player must have a goal, motivation and ability to plan. Your poker success can depend on these factors very much.
In poker, as well as in many other fields connected with earnings, it is very important to have an aim. But it is necessary to understand that the aim shouldn't be one and global. For example to win WSOP next year or to earn one million dollars will be almost unreal for beginners. Your aim should be achievable, real and must be divided into many little aims. To achieve a small goal is much easier. For example if your goal is to win $1000 next months, try to divide it into 4 little goals: $250 every week. Maybe it will be easier for you. Every man has its own proper way to form a goal. Try to find your own that suits you.
Concept of the aim in poker is inseparably linked with concept of motivation. What is motivation? Motivation induces us to achieve our goals. Motivations can different. But the most important is motivation presence. I think almost everyone has seen his favorite team losing a final game of the championship. The reason is simple - absence of motivation. Now I will describe some examples of poker motivations:
- I need to feed the family, therefore I should...
- I want to be famous, therefore I should...
- I want to reach High Stakes poker and play with best professionals of the poker world, therefore I should...
- Or others.
It is important to remember that if you have motivation you will achieve your goal quicker. It will be much more difficult to achieve a goal for a man without motivation.
The success in poker also depends on your ability to plan. What is plan? A plan is a special way of your actions in certain situations. Plans can be different but the most important plans concern poker strategy and bankroll management. Here are the examples of correct planning:
1) I have 35 buy-ins of NL10 and I am going to play at this limit until I have 35 buy-ins of NL25. Then I will start to play at the higher limit. But if my bankroll becomes less than 30 buy-ins of NL25 I will go down to NL10 again.
2) I am going to sit at this poker table and will play 1200 hands but if my total loses are $150 I will finish the session immediately.
3) I am going to sit at this poker table because I see two weak players. But if they leave the table I will leave the table too because other players are strong. Then I will begin to look for other weak players.
4) I have AK. I will bet $500 but if he pushes all-in I will fold. That's because this guy is a tight player and he probably has a real hand. If he makes a call I will be aggressive only with an ace on the flop.
5) I have pair of queens. I will raise $500 and if my opponent pushes all-in I will call. This guy is a "maniac" and he often pushes any two cards.
It is very important to follow your plans. If you do not follow them you will lose! Why? Because you usually make your plans before the action begins. You have clear mind and you can argue and think. When the action starts you need just follow your plans. But it can be difficult for an average player. Let me give an example: You usually play at NL10. You decided to raise your limits when you would have 35 buy-ins of NL25. But suddenly you take a couple of bad beats at NL10 and decide to return your money. You raise your limits to NL25. And of course lose more money! Next limit needs new skills and strategy. You understand it before the game but I know a lot of players who forgot about their plans during the action. Follow your plans.
I wish you good luck, motivation and clear mind. Hope the article will help you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment